Teacher of Art & Design
(MPS + Outer London Allowance)
We are looking to appoint a well-qualified and committed specialist teacher of Art and Design for September 2023. We welcome applications from ECTs.
At Chadwell Heath Academy we provide an excellent education for all of our pupils. Both our Progress 8 and Attainment 8 scores place us significantly above national and in the highest 20% in 2022. We believe strongly in comprehensive education and its ability to change lives. We want pupils to feel enthused by the opportunities that await them, and proud to be part of a mixed gender, multi-cultural community.
What we offer:
- A comprehensive induction programme for all new staff.
- A friendly and engaged staff body who welcome new teachers and a leadership team who encourage professional development at all levels.
- A superb opportunity to develop teaching and leadership skills through bespoke CPD provision.
- An opportunity to work in a modern, well-resourced Creative Studies suite, comprising excellent facilities for Art and Design, Design and Technology, and Food Technology.
- Opportunities for in-house career progression.
- Pupils who are eager to learn, with 90% of our high recruiting Sixth Form going on to university study.
- You will be joining a collegiate, hard-working and supportive department.
- Each teacher has their own classroom and access to textiles, photographic and print-making equipment, computer and kiln.
- At Key Stage 4 pupils follow the EDEXCEL specification at GCSE. The assessment structure they follow is: Coursework – Personal Portfolio (60%) & Externally Set Assignment – Practical Examination (40%).
- A-Level students study the EDEXCEL Art, Craft and Design specification. Coursework – three self-initiated projects and personal study (60%) & Examination – Externally Set Assignment (40%).
- Results were strong, despite the disruption caused by the pandemic. Year 11 Art and Design students examined summer 2022 achieved a 100% 9-4 pass rate, with 70% of grades at 9-5 and 50% at 9-7. The average point score for Art and Design was 6.3.
What you offer:
- You will be passionate about teaching Art and Design, and dedicated to providing exceptional learning experiences in the classroom.
- A strong academic background in the Art and Design area.
- You will be hard working and driven by the belief that all pupils are capable of academic success.
- You will approach your own teaching with a philosophy of continuous improvement in all areas.
- You will share the school and department’s view that success is a result of great and inspirational teaching and long-term input.
- Be able to approach the pressures of teaching with humour.
- You will be keen to contribute to wider aspects of departmental and school life.
If you share our vision for Chadwell Heath Academy then we would love to hear from you. The closing date for applications is 12 noon Friday 14th April 2023.
We reserve the right to bring forward the closing date where we find suitable applications and advise therefore, that applications should be submitted as soon as possible as we may choose to interview shortly after receipt.
The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. Chadwell Heath Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share in this commitment.