Head of Art & Design
(MPS/UPS + Outer London Allowance + TLR2b)
We are looking to appoint a well-qualified and committed specialist Head of Department in Art and Design for September 2023.
At Chadwell Heath Academy we provide an excellent education for all of our pupils. Both our Progress 8 and Attainment 8 scores place us significantly above national and in the highest 20% in 2022. We believe strongly in comprehensive education and its ability to change lives. We want pupils to feel enthused by the opportunities that await them, and proud to be part of a mixed gender, multi-cultural community.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to lead a thriving department.
- A modern, well-resourced Art and Design suite, comprising excellent facilities.
- A comprehensive induction programme for all staff new to the School.
- One to one support from a designated Line Manager.
- Control of the department budget in consultation with the lead teacher for Creative Studies.
- An opportunity to develop both your teaching and leadership through bespoke CPD provision.
- Opportunities for in-house career progression.
- The opportunity to teach pupils across the age and ability range, at Key Stages 3, 4 (GCSE) and 5 (A-Level).
- The opportunity to develop a range of extra-curricular activities that place Art and Design at the heart of the School.
What you offer:
- Forward thinking leadership with the ability to set out and deliver a clear and successful shared vision for the Art and Design Department.
- The ability to deal with a range of issues and to lead short and long-term planning within the Department.
- The inspiration and drive to provide a world class Art and Design experience for the pupils at Chadwell Heath Academy.
- Personal resilience, a strong work ethic, excellent interpersonal skills in communication with all stakeholders and the ability to budget.
- You will be able to analyse performance data to evaluate the effectiveness of teaching and learning within the Department.
- You will demonstrate the ability to both hold colleagues to account and reward their efforts through our system of performance management.
- The ability to lead by example of professionalism and good practice. The successful candidate for this post will be an outstanding classroom practitioner with a proven track record of improving learning and raising pupil achievement.
If you share our vision for Chadwell Heath Academy then we would love to hear from you. The closing date for applications is 12 noon Friday 14th April 2023.
We reserve the right to bring forward the closing date where we find suitable applications and advise therefore, that applications should be submitted as soon as possible as we may choose to interview shortly after receipt.
The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. Chadwell Heath Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff to share in this commitment.